Want to represent our neighborhood on the new “East of the River Parks Master Plan” Community Advisory Committee (CAC)? Applications are due to the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board by Aug. 25. Windom Park and Audubon neighborhood organizations will then select one applicant to represent us and one alternate. Details and application forms are here.
Residents of Windom Park …. We encourage you to take our “Transportation and Urban Design” Survey, a key part of our Small Area Transportation Plan community engagement process. You may:
- download and print the survey here
- pick up a copy at our neighborhood meetings
- stop by our office (1845 Stinson Parkway, No. 201) to get a copy during regular business hours (Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 2-5 p.m.) or
- email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have a copy emailed to you.
NOTE that the DEADLINE for responding is AUG. 16, 2017.
Please join us for our next neighborhood meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017, starting at 7 p.m.
Agenda items include:
- Meet the new City of Minneapolis Eastside planner to discuss what’s happening in and around our neighborhood and citywide. What’s the latest on the city’s Comprehensive Plan update?
- Vote in the Dot-mocracy on art wraps
- Take our residents’ survey*
- Get an update on the “Great Northern Greenway”
- Find out to become a member of the Park Board’s new “East of the River Master Plan” Community Advisory Committee
- Open Forum (for your comments/announcements/questions, etc. not already on the agenda)
- Other news from and about our community
Meeting location: Windom Park Recreation Center, 2251 Hayes St. NE, Minneapolis
WPCiA meetings are held at accessible locations. Please contact us at least seven business days in advance to request other accommodations.
* Take the survey at the meeting, download it here, pick one up during our office hours (Tuesday-Wednesday 2-5 p.m.), or email us to have a copy emailed to you. Deadline for responses: Aug. 16, 2017.
Redevelopment has been proposed for the Lowry Grove mobile home park adjacent to our neighborhood on Stinson Parkway at Lowry Avenue NE/Kenzie Terrace. A settlement was reached Aug. 1, 2017, with the former residents, according to the City of St. Anthony Village. The developer in July filed a revised development plan (see right-hand column links on the village’s web site) with the City of St. Anthony Village, which has set a public hearing for Aug. 28, 7-9 p.m..
The City of St. Anthony Village explains its process as: “The Planning Commission must review this request at a public hearing (set for August 28) and formulate a recommendation to the City Council on action. The City Council must review the application and take final action prior to 120 days after application (November 16, 2017, unless the applicant voluntarily extends the deadline).”
WPCiA continues to discuss this project at our meetings and with our Minneapolis city council member ; this motion was passed at our February Neighborhood Meeting. A group of residents, SAVNE Neighbors for a Livable Community, has also been organizing meetings and collecting documents on the project, which WPCiA will post here as they become available. (See also information on the WPCiA Small Area Transportation Plan.)
- Feb. 21, 2017, Motion Passed by Windom Park Citizens in Action re: Proposed Lowry Grove Development
- Community meeting called by SAVNE Neighbors for a Livable Community for Monday, Feb. 13, 2017, 7 p.m. at St. Charles Borromeo Church Doran Hall. Details here.
- Letter from “Southern Gateway” Developer
- Environmental Assessment Worksheet
- City of Saint Anthony Village web site information on Lowry Grove
- WPCiA Traffic Study Review
WPCiA has launched a Small Area Transportation Plan (SATP) process that will involve substantial community engagement. We encourage all Windom Park stakeholders to become a part of this project – for example, by attending our meetings or becoming a part of the steering committee. Documents for the SATP will be posted here as they become available throughout 2016 and 2017.
NOTE: Steering Committee meetings are normally held the first Tuesday of the month, 7 p.m. at the Windom Park Recreation Center, 2251 Hayes St. NE, unless otherwise noted. (Accessible location.)
- Technical Memo #1 (December 2016)
- Initial Draft – Neighborhood Issues Map (Fall 2016)
- January 17, 2017 SATP Memo (Community Meeting No. 1 Summary)
- PowerPoint Presentation at 1-17-17 Community Meeting (Presentation from Community Meeting No. 1)
- “Safe Routes to School” (Minneapolis Public Schools bike-walk routes)
- Traffic Study Review related to Lowry Grove redevelopment
- Lowry Avenue NE Plan (Hennepin County)
- WPCiA’s Johnson Street design concepts (drafts from 5/9/17 meeting)
- WPCiA’s 5/15/17 updated Johnson Street design concepts and streetscape details
See also: Lowry Grove redevelopment plans
WPCiA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization; all donations to WPCiA are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. In addition to donating to your neighborhood organization via the red “Make A Donation” buttons found on our web site, WPCiA also participates in Amazon Smile, Thrivent Choice, GiveMN and in “Give to the Max Day.” We welcome your donations to WPCiA by these online methods or via U.S. Mail to:
1845 Stinson Parkway, No. 201
Minneapolis, MN 55418
Check out our new Windom Park business directory! We try our best to keep this up to date, but if you are the owner of a Windom Park business and notice any errors or omissions, please contact us.
Thanks to Pastor Sarah Lawton of Northeast United Methodist Church (email@example.com) for passing along the following information for those wishing to assist the Lowry Grove mobile home park residents, who are to vacate June 30, 2017, as discussed at our June Neighborhood Meeting:
Money or moving materials or support may be donated through the church’s web site:
You may submit money online or write a check with the designation: Lowry Grove.
You may also which to donate money to this organization helping the residents:
And this message comes from one of the Saint Anthony Village Leaders posting on the “I heart NE” Facebook page:
“Hi Folks, our neighbors in Lowry Grove all need to be out by June 30th. There’s a need for help with moving supplies – packing tape, garbage bags, and Home Depot or Target gift cards. If you’d like to help donate these items, you can drop off at my place: 2513 30th Ave. Please message me if you’d like to help in other ways (helping move, etc). Thanks!”