WPCiA is nearing completion of the Small Area Transportation Plan (SATP). This important document will provide direction for the neighborhood and the City of Minneapolis for the coming years on topics such as land use, zoning, transportation, parking, commercial area revitalization, density and gateways. We encourage all Windom Park stakeholders to become a part of this project – for example, by attending our meetings and weighing in with your opinions. Documents for the SATP will be posted here as they become available throughout 2016 and 2017.
- A draft overview will be presented at our Oct. 17, 2017, neighborhood meeting. Your input is essential; please review the links below for a preview of what is being advocated in the document.
- We expect that the document will be voted on by stakeholders at the Annual Meeting Nov. 21, 2017.
- Once completed by the neighborhood, the document will then be sent to the City of Minneapolis. The city will institute a process for incorporating this Small Area Transportation Plan into the city’s required Comprehensive Plan. The city will use the WPCiA plan as a reference for developers and development in this neighborhood.
- Technical Memo #1 (December 2016)
- Initial Draft – Neighborhood Issues Map (Fall 2016)
- January 17, 2017 SATP Memo (Community Meeting No. 1 Summary)
- PowerPoint Presentation at 1-17-17 Community Meeting (Presentation from Community Meeting No. 1)
- “Safe Routes to School” (Minneapolis Public Schools bike-walk routes)
- Traffic Study Review related to Lowry Grove redevelopment
- Lowry Avenue NE Plan (Hennepin County)
- WPCiA’s Johnson Street design concepts (drafts from 5/9/17 meeting)
- WPCiA’s 5/15/17 updated Johnson Street design concepts and streetscape details
- Examples of Opportunity Zones from 9/12/17 steering committee meeting
See also: Lowry Grove redevelopment plans
NOTE: Steering Committee meetings are normally held the first Tuesday of the month, 7 p.m. at the Windom Park Recreation Center, 2251 Hayes St. NE, unless otherwise noted. (Accessible location.)