WPCiA is nearing completion of the Small Area Transportation Plan (SATP). This important document will provide direction for the neighborhood and the City of Minneapolis for the coming years on topics such as land use, zoning, transportation, parking, commercial area revitalization, density and gateways. We encourage all Windom Park stakeholders to become a part of this project – for example, by attending our meetings and weighing in with your opinions. Documents for the SATP will be posted here as they become available throughout 2016 and 2017.
- A draft overview was presented at our Oct. 17, 2017, neighborhood meeting. We thank everyone who attended the meeting and engaged in the discussion. The draft Opportunity Sites, R3 rezoning, and Johnson Street traffic generated many comments at the meeting. Your input is essential; please review the links here for a preview of what is being advocated in the document and weigh in with your written comments or attend our next meeting.
- The board is seeking comments in writing by Dec. 15, 2017, on the Small Area Plan/Small Area Transportation Plan. Please send your comments via email to email@example.com or by U.S. Mail or drop-of to: 1845 Stinson Parkway, #201, Minneapolis, MN 55418.
- Next meeting of the Steering Committee is Tuesday, Nov. 14, 7 p.m. at the Windom Park Recreation Center, 2251 Hayes St. NE. Accessible location, and all are welcome to attend.
- We expect that the plan will be updated in November, and the full document will be posted here for final review and input. The Board of Directors will take a final vote on the document at its Jan. 23, 2018, meeting. (Meeting location: Windom Park Recreation Center, 2251 Hayes St. NE, Minneapolis.)
- Once completed by the neighborhood, the document will then be sent to the City of Minneapolis. The city will institute a process for incorporating this Small Area Transportation Plan into the city’s required Comprehensive Plan. The city will use the WPCiA plan as a reference for developers and development in this neighborhood.
- Technical Memo #1 (December 2016)
- Initial Draft – Neighborhood Issues Map (Fall 2016)
- January 17, 2017 SATP Memo (Community Meeting No. 1 Summary)
- PowerPoint Presentation at 1-17-17 Community Meeting (Presentation from Community Meeting No. 1)
- “Safe Routes to School” (Minneapolis Public Schools bike-walk routes)
- Traffic Study Review related to Lowry Grove redevelopment
- Lowry Avenue NE Plan (Hennepin County)
- WPCiA’s Johnson Street design concepts (drafts from 5/9/17 meeting)
- WPCiA’s 5/15/17 updated Johnson Street design concepts and streetscape details
- Examples of Opportunity Sites from 9/12/17 steering committee meeting
- All Steering Committee Progress Reports to date
- Draft concepts presented by Biko Associates at 10-17-17 Community-Wide Meeting
See also: Lowry Grove redevelopment plans