Home Improvement Programs
Home Energy Efficiency
WPCiA pays for 100% of your Home Energy Squad visit! This is a savings of up to $100. (Income levels below $100,000 may be eligible for free Energy Squad visits from the City of Minneapolis; check with the City of Minneapolis at 311 for availability.) This program is in conjunction with our home fix-up loan partners at the Center for Energy and Environment. Home Energy Squad visits include a team visit to your home to evaluate your energy-savings opportunities and to install a host of energy-efficient materials of your choice, such as:
- door weather stripping
- water heater blanket
- programmable thermostat
- compact fluorescent light bulbs
- high-efficiency showerheads
- faucet aerators
To schedule a visit, call (651) 328-6220. Visit the Home Energy Squad website for more information.
Home Fix-Up Options
Currently WPCiA has the following home improvement funds available to residents:
- Home Security Rebate of up to $200 for items to ensure the safety of your home. These include exterior security lighting, exterior motion detectors, steel security doors, dead-bolt locks, window security bars, security systems and more. Download an application form here.
- Home Improvement Loans
- 2% interest, revolving loans from $1,000 up to $30,000. No income limit. Most non-luxury improvements are eligible, including many solar projects and energy-efficiency upgrades.
- Deferred loans of up to $5,000. May be forgiven if certain conditions are met. Income based.
- Matching deferred loans of up to $5,000. Income based and city condition-code rating based. May be forgiven if certain conditions are met.
- Emergency loan program – contact CEE (see below) for details.
- See all the details and application forms here.
These opportunities are first come, first served, as long as funding remains. For home loan details, contact our office at (612) 788-2192 or our loan administrator, CEE at (612) 335-5884. Application materials are available for download at www.mncee.org
WPCIA is a neighborhood-based nonprofit 501(c)3 organization with tax-exempt status. It is the city-designated citizen participation organization for this geographic area of Minneapolis, as well as the NRP (Neighborhood Revitalization Program) contracting organization for the Windom Park Neighborhood.