Discounted Home Energy Squad Visits
WPCiA has arranged a special half-price deal for residents seeking Home Energy Squad visits: While WPCiA funds remain, we’re offering Home Energy Squad visits for $50 instead of the usual $100 (price increase for 2017). This program is in conjunction with our home fix-up loan partners at the Center for Energy and Environment, a Minneapolis nonprofit organization. (Some income levels may be eligible for free Energy Squad visits; check with the City of Minneapolis at 311 for availability.) These “Home Energy Squad Enhanced” visits include a team visit to your home to evaluate your energy-savings opportunities and to install a host of energy-efficient materials of your choice, such as:
- door weather stripping
- water heater blanket
- programmable thermostat
- compact fluorescent light bulbs
- high-efficiency showerheads
- faucet aerators
Home Improvement Options
Currently WPCiA has the following home improvement funds available to residents:
- Security Rebate of up to $200 for items to ensure the safety of your home. These include exterior security lighting, exterior motion detectors, steel security doors, dead-bolt locks, window security bars, security systems and more. Download an application form here.
- Home Improvement Loans
- 2% revolving loans of up to $15,000. No income limit. Most non-luxury improvements are eligible.
- Deferred loans of up to $5,000. May be forgiven if certain conditions are met. Income based.
- Matching deferred loans of up to $5,000. Income based and city condition-code rating based. May be forgiven if certain conditions are met.
These opportunities are first come, first served, as long as funding remains. For home loan details, contact our office at 612.788.2192 or our loan administrator, CEE at 612.335.5884. Application materials are available for download at www.mncee.org
WPCIA is a neighborhood-based nonprofit 501(c)3 organization with tax-exempt status. It is the city-designated citizen participation organization for this geographic area of Minneapolis, as well as the NRP (Neighborhood Revitalization Program) contracting organization for the Windom Park Neighborhood.