Redevelopment has been proposed for the Lowry Grove mobile home park adjacent to our neighborhood on Stinson Parkway at Lowry Avenue NE/Kenzie Terrace. A settlement was reached Aug. 1, 2017, with the former residents, according to the City of St. Anthony Village. The developer in July filed a revised development plan (see right-hand column links on the village’s web site) with the City of St. Anthony Village.
The St. Anthony Village Planning Commission voted to deny the applications after a public hearing Aug. 28. The city council agreed to postpone action on this agenda item until its Oct. 10 meeting. In October 2017, another revision was proposed by the developer (see right-hand column links on the village web site for related plans and exhibits).
At its Oct. 10, 2017, meeting the St. Anthony Village City Council unanimously approved a resolution to Deny the Comprehensive Plan Amendments, PUD Preliminary Development Plan/PUD Rezoning, and Preliminary Plat related to The Village, LLC project located at 2401 and 2501 Lowry Avenue.
WPCiA continues to monitor and discuss this topic at our meetings and with our Minneapolis city council member and park board representatives, due to the proximity of this potential development site to our neighborhood. A group of residents, SAVNE Neighbors for a Livable Community, has also been organizing meetings and collecting documents on the project, which WPCiA will post here as they become available. (See also information on the WPCiA Small Area Transportation Plan.)
- Statement to St. Anthony Village passed Aug. 22, 2017, by Windom Park Citizens in Action and presented at the Aug. 28 Planning Commission meeting
- Statement to Ward 1 Minneapolis City Council Member, Minneapolis mayor and Eastside city planner, passed Aug. 15, 2017, by Windom Park Citizens in Action
- Statement to Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board, passed Aug. 15, 2017, by Windom Park Citizens in Action
- Feb. 21, 2017, Motion Passed by Windom Park Citizens in Action re: Proposed Lowry Grove Development
- Community meeting called by SAVNE Neighbors for a Livable Community for Monday, Feb. 13, 2017, 7 p.m. at St. Charles Borromeo Church Doran Hall. Details here.
- Letter from “Southern Gateway” Developer
- Environmental Assessment Worksheet
- City of Saint Anthony Village web site information on Lowry Grove
- WPCiA Traffic Study Review