Redevelopment has been proposed for the Lowry Grove mobile home park adjacent to our neighborhood on Stinson Parkway at Lowry Avenue NE/Kenzie Terrace. A settlement was reached Aug. 1, 2017, with the former residents, according to the City of St. Anthony Village. The developer in July filed a revised development plan (see right-hand column links on the village’s web site) with the City of St. Anthony Village.
The City of St. Anthony Village explains its process as: “The Planning Commission must review this request at a public hearing (set for August 28) and formulate a recommendation to the City Council on action. The City Council must review the application and take final action prior to 120 days after application (November 16, 2017, unless the applicant voluntarily extends the deadline).”
The St. Anthony Village Planning Commission voted to deny the applications after a public hearing Aug. 28. The city council has agreed to postpone action on this agenda item until its Oct. 10 meeting.
WPCiA continues to discuss this project at our meetings and with our Minneapolis city council member. A group of residents, SAVNE Neighbors for a Livable Community, has also been organizing meetings and collecting documents on the project, which WPCiA will post here as they become available. (See also information on the WPCiA Small Area Transportation Plan.)
- Statement to St. Anthony Village passed Aug. 22, 2017, by Windom Park Citizens in Action
- Statement to Ward 1 Minneapolis City Council Member, Minneapolis mayor and Eastside city planner, passed Aug. 15, 2017, by Windom Park Citizens in Action
- Statement to Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board, passed Aug. 15, 2017, by Windom Park Citizens in Action
- Feb. 21, 2017, Motion Passed by Windom Park Citizens in Action re: Proposed Lowry Grove Development
- Community meeting called by SAVNE Neighbors for a Livable Community for Monday, Feb. 13, 2017, 7 p.m. at St. Charles Borromeo Church Doran Hall. Details here.
- Letter from “Southern Gateway” Developer
- Environmental Assessment Worksheet
- City of Saint Anthony Village web site information on Lowry Grove
- WPCiA Traffic Study Review